Wineglass Bay Explorer Day Tour from Launceston
Enjoy a full-day tour that takes in Freycinet National Park, including Wineglass Bay, Honeymoon Bay and Cape Tourville lookout among other top sites with opportunities to enjoy the local seafood, ice-cream & history along the way.
- Launceston CBD Hotel/Hostel pick up and drop off
- Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
- Wineglass Bay Lookout walk
- Wineglass Bay Beach Walk (longer walking option)
- Cape Tourville Lighthouse and walk
- Honeymoon Bay
- Great Oyster Bay Lookout
- Local oysters, ice-creams & scallop pies!
- Historic town of Campbell Town and the Convict Brick Trail
- National Park entrance fee
- Fully guided walks with fun & knowledgeable guides
Departure times & locations
- Departs: Launceston 7.30am. Hotel pickup time is between 7 AM and 7:30 AM depending on your location. Hotel pickup is available from Launceston central city Hotels and Hostels (no AirBnB’s).
- Returns: Launceston 6.30pm. You will be returned to your original pickup location.
- Days: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday (01 Dec - 30 Apr) | Thu only (01 May - 30 Sept) | Thu & Sat (01 Oct - 30 Nov)
Your day at a glance:
- We depart Launceston ready for an action-packed day out exploring Wineglass Bay, Freycinet National Park and the delights & highlights along the way.
- Our drive takes us through the well-preserved Georgian townships of Evandale and Campbell Town. We make a short stop in Campbell Town to collect some lunch to take along for the day ahead. Enjoy time to discover the Convict Brick Trail extending through the town, visit the Red Bridge, and check out the tree sculptures depicting the history of the town.
- After Campbell Town we travel to the East Coast, where we catch an amazing view of the area at the Great Oyster Bay Lookout and an opportunity to purchase some fresh oysters plucked from the beautiful surrounding waters.
- Once inside Freycinet National Park we begin a series of walks and exploration of the area. We walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout, a moderate uphill walk of around 45 - 60 minutes. Here the views make the walk well worth the effort!
- For the keen walkers, you can continue the walk down to Wineglass Bay beach (2.5 hr return walking time). or if you prefer to select the shorter walking option, you can explore other areas of Freycinet with our tour guide. Visit beautiful Honeymoon Bay and the Cape Tourville Lighthouse.
- While still on the East Coast we make a final stop for the day, where you can refresh and refuel in friendly and relaxed location. Try the local hand-crafted Ice crafted Ice creams or perhaps a famous Tasmanian Scallop Pie!
Things To Bring
- Sensible shoes for day touring
- A variety of warm clothing
- Weatherproof jacket if possible
- Hat, sunscreen
- Water Bottle, Snacks, Lunch (or buy it on the day)
- Sense of adventure
Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years. Participants aged 8 – 17 years travel at concession prices.
- This is an active tour with walking involved; a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential
- We provide accurate interpretation, and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Wineglass Bay Explorer Day Tour from Launceston. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
If you require hotel transfers please have your hotel name ready when booking so we can send you a pick-up time with your confirmation.
Departs: Launceston 7.30am. Hotel pickup time is between 7 AM and 7:30 AM depending on your location. Hotel pickup is available from Launceston central city hotels and hostels.
Returns: Launceston 6.30pm. You will be returned to your original pickup location.