The BIG 3 Tasmania from Hobart or Launceston
See the BIG 3 highlights of Tasmania in just 3 days! We combine the very best of our day tours to Cradle Mountain, Wineglass Bay & Port Arthur to bring you 3 days of amazing scenery, wildlife and huge fun days exploring Tasmania with our awesome guides.
What makes it Great:
- A huge ACTIVE and fun days exploring the BIG 3 Tasmania with amazing local guides.
- Visit local historic towns like Port Arthur Historic Site, taste delicious local products and enjoy some fascinating stories along the way.
- Amazing walks & some of the world’s best coastal scenery at Wineglass Bay lookout on the East Coast & Cradle Mountain.
- Encounter our local animals in the wild & enjoy the action of a Tasmanian Devil feeding.
Hobart to Launceston Option
- Day 1: Starts Hobart, Finishes Hobart (Port Arthur & Tassie Devils)
- Day 2: Starts Hobart, Finishes Launceston (Wineglass Bay & Freycinet National Park)
- Day 3: Starts Launceston, Finishes Launceston (Cradle Mountain & Dove Lake)
Launceston to Hobart Option
- Day 1: Starts Launceston, Finishes Launceston (Cradle Mountain & Dove Lake)
- Day 2: Starts Launceston, Finishes Hobart (Wineglass Bay & Freycinet National Park)
- Day 3: Starts Hobart, Finishes Hobart (Port Arthur & Tassie Devils)
- All entrance fees
- National Park entrance fees
- Daily Central Hobart/Launceston - Hotel/Hostel pick up and drop off
- No luggage restrictions on Day 2
- Professional guides and interpretive walks
- Small, friendly groups
- Food & Drinks (You may bring your lunch and snacks with you or we will stop to give you an opportunity to purchase your lunch on tour each day).
- Accommodation (Generally you will need 2 nights x Hobart & 2 nights x Launceston, this is by your own arrangement).
Port Arthur & Tassie Devils
Departs Hobart at 7.30am, Returns Hobart 6.00pm
- Visit Port Arthur Historic Site (2.5 hours)
- Explore the Tasmanian Devil Unzoo
- Experience the ferocious action of a Tasmanian Devil feeding!
- Photograph spectacular views from the Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk (easy grade 2km)
- See the Tasman National Park highlights – Devils Kitchen & Tasman Arch
- Enjoy the stories from Pirates Bay Lookout, Eaglehawk Neck & The “Dogline”
- Sample the local chocolates made at Federation Chocolate Factory
- Visit historic Richmond Village
- Enjoy the spectacular view at a local Hobart City lookout
Wineglass Bay & Freycinet National Park
Departs 7.30am, 6.30 - 7.00pm (bring your bags today!)
- Explore Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
- Walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout (moderate uphill walk 45 mins)
- Choose the option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay (longer walking option 2.5 hours)
- Visit the highlights of Freycinet National Park - Honeymoon Bay & Sleepy Bay
- Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk (easy 20 mins)
- Enjoy some fresh oysters at Freycinet Marine Farm
- Reward yourself with local hand crafted ice-cream or a famous Tasmanian Scallop Pie at the end of the day!
Cradle Mountain World Heritage Area
Departs Launceston 7.30am, Returns Launceston 6.30 - 7.00pm
- Explore Cradle Mountain National Park & World Heritage Area (4-5 hours)
- Stand on the shore of the spectacular setting of Dove Lake
- Enjoy some short introductory walks and interpretation to the area
- Walk along the “Rainforest City” & “Pencil Pine Falls” tracks
- Take on the Dove Lake circuit walk (easy grade 2-3 hours)
- Or, take on the harder walk to the lofty views of Marion’s Lookout (medium grade 2-3 hours)
- Explore the historic Weindorfers Chalet
- Walk amongst the ancient King Billy Pines on Weindorfers Forest Walk
- Visit Sheffield the ‘Town of Murals’ with over 30 murals painted across the town showing the history of the area.
What to bring/wear
- Sensible shoes for walking
- A variety of warm clothing
- Swim gear & towel – if you choose to (swimming at Freycinet)
- Hat, sunscreen
- Water Bottle, Snacks, Lunch (or buy it on the day)
Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years.
- This is an active tour with walking involved; a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential
- We provide accurate interpretation, and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on The BIG 3 Tasmania - Hobart to Launceston Tour. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
If you require hotel transfers please have your hotel name ready when booking so we can send you a pick-up time with your confirmation.