1 Day Launceston to Hobart via Wineglass Bay
Travel across Tasmania one way from Launceston to Hobart via Freycinet National Park and the famously beautiful Wineglass Bay. Have time for walking and sightseeing in the national park, then make stops for seafood, wine, and other treats at Freycinet Marine Farm and the Devils Corner Winery before evening drop-off in Hobart.
- Freycinet National Park (4+ hours)
- Wineglass Bay Lookout
- Wineglass Bay Beach Walk (longer walking option)
- Honeymoon Bay & Cape Tourville lookout and walk
- Great Oyster Bay Lookout
- Fresh oysters from Freycinet Marine Farm
- Historic town of Campbell Town and the Convict Brick Trail
- Kate’s Berry Farm
- National Park entrance fee
- Professional guides & interpretative walks
- Small, friendly groups
- CBD Hotel/Hostel pick up and drop off
Departure times & locations
- Departs: Launceston 7.30am. Hotel pickup time is between 7 AM and 7:30 AM depending on your location. Hotel pickup is available from Launceston central city Hotels and Hostels (no AirBnB’s).
- Returns: Hobart 6.30pm.
- Days: Thursday (01 May – 30 Sep) | Thursday & Saturday (01 Oct – 30 Nov) | Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday (01 Dec – 30 Apr)
Your day at a glance:
- After meeting your guide at your hotel in Launceston, travel in a climate-controlled van through the picturesque town of Ross, which has old-world charm, convict history, and a famous local bakery.
- From Ross, head into the Freycinet National Park on the east coast, making a brief stop at Freycinet Marine Farm, which cultivates oysters in the nearby ocean waters.
- Next up, walk with your guide to the Wineglass Bay Lookout where you can get great photo ops of the gorgeous landscape. The walk is an easy uphill route that takes about 1.5 hours round-trip. Afterward, you have the option to continue to Wineglass beach (2.5-hour round-trip walking time) where you can eat lunch, swim, and relax. If you prefer a shorter walk, the guide can take you sightseeing to park highlights like Honeymoon Bay, Cape Tourville Lighthouse, and Sleepy Bay.
- After about four hours in the national park, continue your journey to Hobart, stopping at Kate's Berry Farm in the seaside township of Swansea. There you can purchase ice cream, jams, sauces, and chocolates (own expense). Your tour ends with drop-off at your centrally located hotel in Hobart around 6:30pm.
Things To Bring
- Sensible shoes for day touring
- A variety of warm clothing
- Weatherproof jacket if possible
- Hat, sunscreen
- Water Bottle, Snacks, Lunch (or buy it on the day)
- Sense of adventure
Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years. Participants aged 8 – 17 years travel at concession prices.
- This is an active tour with walking involved; a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential
- We provide accurate interpretation, and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Launceston to Hobart via Wineglass Bay Tour. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
If you require hotel transfers please have your hotel name ready when booking so we can send you a pick-up time with your confirmation.
Travel across Tasmania one way from Launceston to Hobart via Freycinet National Park and the famously beautiful Wineglass Bay.